Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birds and Not so Many Bees

When it comes to the birds and the bees I have never struggled talking to my eldest daughter. From the get-go, I wanted to be up front and honest giving her the best source of information from me and not her friends. This has not however, been the same with the little one. Who, by the way, I just recently found out is no longer little anymore. Shock to my heart!
Last night, we are all gather in the living room folding clothes and watching a movie. You know, chores without it seeming like chores because we are having fun. The movie says the woman goes off to have her new baby girl (no, it doesn’t show any of this but enough for my new-not-little one to get all of it). This is how the rest of the conversation ensued..

NLL (no longer little)- “That’s what you do every day.”

Me – “What’s that sweetie”

NLL – “help get babies out’

Me – “That’s right”

NLL – “Well. (long pause) Just answer one question for me mommy”

Me – “sure hon”

NLL – “how do they make the hole in the mommy’s stomach for the babies to get out?”

Me – blank stare

NLL – “did you hear me?”

Me – blank stare

BSTTR (big sister to the rescue) – “girl, mom asked you to put these clothes away. Hurry up and put them in your room”

NLL – “It was just one question…geez” as she walks to her room, clothes in hand.

Me – Sigh. That was a close one.

BSTTR – (shaking her head in disappointment) “That is what you do every day, right?!”

Oh, maybe it’s time for me to get better prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment