Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Radical Review


Oh David Platt! You have turned my world around with one read of this awesome book. Only 217 pages this is a quick read (though the person I borrowed the book from might say otherwise), and you will enjoy every page. The first chapter is titled 'Someone Worth Losing Everything For', and at those words I knew I was in for an amazing journey. It's honestly quite simple. Take Jesus, his teaching, and his ways and follow it. Not because it is easy, or comfortable, or everybody is doing it. Actually, it will challenge your way of living to the core. I like the 'Radical Experiment' in the very back of the book and think it sums up our goal. Platt calls us to make several changes over the length of a year. 1. Pray for the entire world  2. Read through the entire Word  3. Sacrifice your money for a specific purpose  4. Spend time in another context  5. Commit my life to a multiplying community.  Get the book, sign the experiment, and let's change together!

No comments:

Post a Comment